District student-athletes sign national letters of intent on signing day
(02/06/2020) A few dozen student-athletes from Anoka-Hennepin’s five traditional high schools (Andover, Anoka, Blaine, Champlin Park and Coon Rapids high schools) participated in events on Feb. 5 marking the winter NCAA signing period.
At the events, student-athletes signed letters of intent from colleges and universities across the country to continue their academic and athletic careers.
Signees by site:
Andover High School (see photos of the event):
- Ryan Fonseca, tennis, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
- Madelynn Greelis, cross country, University of Wisconsin-River Falls.
- Charlie Hora, baseball, Gustavus Adolphus College.
- Wyatt Kaiser, hockey, University of Minnesota Duluth.
- Jaiden Konschak, volleyball, Bethel University.
- Andy Rowland, soccer, University of Wisconsin-Superior.
- Jack Sharon, football, Bemidji State University.
Anoka High School:
The school is not having a signing event in February.
Blaine High School (see photos of the event):
- Garrett Amelse, baseball, Iowa Lakes Community College.
- Erin Campeau, volleyball, St. Francis College, Brooklyn, New York.
- Deborah Leier, soccer, Southwest Minnesota State University.
- Ashley McIvor, soccer, Augsburg College.
- Bryce Nelson, baseball, Concordia University, St. Paul.
- Taylor Powers, lacrosse, Upper Iowa University.
- Carsen Richels, hockey, University of New Hampshire.
- Noah Schirmers, football, Upper Iowa University.
- Madison Schmidt, track, University of Notre Dame.
- Zack Shaffer, football, Bemidji State University.
- Sydney Singh-Bellmount, acro/tumbling, Abbey College.
- Isabelle Stadden, swimming, University of California, Berkeley.
- Carter Trom, football, Bemidji State University.
- Isaac Vanzomeren, lacrosse, New Jersey Institute of Technology.
- Dylan Wilson, baseball, University of Minnesota, Duluth.
Champlin Park High School (see photos of the event):
- Cassidy Clements, track and field, University of Jamestown.
- Obi Evuleocha, football, University of Sioux Falls.
- Cole Fredrickson, football, Bemidji State University.
- Brock Johnson, football, University of Mary.
- Clara Johnson, lacrosse, Northern Michigan University.
- Emily Lindell, cross country/track and field, Dallas Baptist University.
- Josie Mork, lacrosse, St. Ambrose University.
- Jaice Miller, football, University of Sioux Falls.
- Noah Vogelpohl, football, University of Jamestown.
Coon Rapids High School:
- Jack Arndt, baseball, St. Mary’s University.
- Dawson Chambliss, baseball, Anoka Ramsey Community College.
- Grace Hannula, lacrosse, University of Wisconsin-River Falls.
- Tony Hall, football, North Dakota State College of Science.
- Eliya Johnson, softball, Iowa Lakes Community College.
- Ava Johnston, soccer, Bethel University.
- Ty King, football, Rochester Community and Technical College.
- Ryan Kouri, football, Hamline University.
- Mckenzie Mohlencamp, lacrosse, Upper Iowa University.
- Jackson Negrete, soccer, Concordia College.
- Emma Newton, tennis, Bethany College.
- Jordan Nolan, football, Southwest Minnesota State University.
- Xander Paar, baseball, Iowa Lakes Community College.
- Avont Shannon, football, Rochester Community and Technical College.
- Myles Taylor, football, Augustana University.
- Jake Van Hulzen, football, Winona State University.
- Shakiran Williams, football, Rochester Community and Technical College.
Feb. 5 marks the first day of the regular signing period for NCAA Division II football. All athletes outside of football and men’s and women’s Division I basketball began signing letters of intent on Nov. 13, 2019, and continue to sign anytime through Aug. 1, 2020.
Anoka-Hennepin is proud of all student-athletes who have signed or will sign letters of intent to continue their academic and athletic careers in a post-secondary setting.