No-cost COVID-19 testing locations now open in Anoka and Brooklyn Park, at-home options also available
Options for no-cost, in-person or at-home testing for COVID-19 are now available to identify and isolate the virus to prevent spread within schools and the community. Testing locations in Anoka and Brooklyn Park and across the metro are up and operating under the authority of the Minnesota Department of Health.
Community saliva testing in Anoka and Brooklyn Park
Tests are provided at no-cost and insurance or identification is not required. Appointments are encouraged, but walk-ins are welcome. Scheduley your appointment with Vault Health. Additional sites are available throughout the metro area and State of Minnesota.
408 East Main Street
Anoka, MN 55303
Dates: Nov. 16-20, 23-24, Dec. 1-4, 8-11, 15-19, 21-22, 28-30
Times: 12 Noon to 6 p.m.
Brooklyn Park - Startlite Center
8085 Brooklyn Boulevard
Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
Times: Mon-Fri, 12 Noon to 7 p.m., Sat/Sun 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
What to expect at the testing site; Review an overview video
- Wear a mask or face covering if you can.
- The sites are usually busiest when they first open. Come later in the day if you can to avoid lines.
- Walk-ins are welcome, but it’s best to pre-register for an appointment and arrive on time (not earlier).
- You can show either your confirmation email/text or tell staff your name, birthdate, and address.
- Bring your insurance card if you have health insurance. The test will be 100% at no cost to you whether or not you have insurance. If you do, we may ask your insurance company to help pay for your test.
- Each person getting tested will need to have their own email address and a phone number to receive your results.
At-home COVID-19 saliva testing
Minnesota offers free, at-home COVID-19 saliva testing for people who believe they need to be tested, with or without symptoms. Families can order up to five test kits per household. Families will be asked if they have insurance, but the state will cover the costs for any uninsured or underinsured families. You should not receive a bill using this testing option. Order your at-home test here.
Information for school employees and students
District employees and students who are being tested without known symptoms should continue their normal routine until test results are received. If positive, notify the school nurse. If they are being tested because of possible exposure or symptoms, employees and students should notify the school nurse and quarantine or isolate at home until results are known.
Review ahschools.us/COVID-19 for additional information on Anoka-Hennepin’s COVID-19 response.