About Reading Strategies
Reading Strategies is a unique class that offers the opportunity to build a set of strategic reading skills to help your understanding in all of your classes. When you are ready to exit this course, you will be able to answer these questions:
- Why is reading important, and how will I use it?
- What do I do when I don’t understand what I am reading?
- How do I decide what is important when reading?
- How can becoming a better reader help me get better grades?
About Mrs. Geisenhoff(pronounced guys-en-hoff)I have been teaching in Anoka Hennepin for seven years, I have also worked in St. Paul Public Schools, St. Anthony- New Brighton, and a local private school. I have various teaching degrees that allow me to teach children from birth to grade 12. Throughout my teaching experiences, I have found that my passion is teaching students to be strategic readers. I am excited to bring this passion and my experiences to the CRMS team and students.
- What do I need to do to become a stronger reader?
Outside of school, I value spending time with my husband and twin boys. Together we love camping, reading, hiking, bike riding, and listening to live music.
Alissa GeisenhoffReading Strategies- grades 7 and 8Coon Rapids Middle Schoolalissa.firstname.lastname@example.org