Unit 6: PoetryI can...
- determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text
- analyze how a particular sentence, chapter, scene or stanza fits into the overall structure of a text
- compare and contrast literature in different forms of genres in how they deal with similar themes and topics (including those by an about Minnesota American Indians)
- compare and contrast the informational texts of two authors in order to build knowledge of events (related to American Indians is possible)
- write a compare/contrast essay about one author's presentation of events with that of another author
- find evidence to support points of comparison
- incorporate textual evidence into writing to support analysis, evaluations, and reflections.
- compare and contrast written text to an audio or video presentation
- present an informational speech
- use descriptions, facts, and details to point out main ideas or themes (central ideas) in logical order.
- use appropriate eye contact, volume, and clear pronunciation.