ATTENTION 10th and 11th GRADE STUDENTS AND PARENTS
On Monday, October 9th students in grade 10 and grade 11 will take the Practice ACT exam. For the math portion of the exam, students are allowed to use calculators. Note however, that students are not required to use calculators.
If you have a calculator, please bring it with you the morning of the exam. If you do not have a calculator, a limited number will be available to check-out. Students should go to the IMC the morning of the exam if they are interested in checking out a calculator. Quantities are limited, so it is first come first serve.
If you have a calculator and plan on bringing it with you the morning of the exam, first make sure that it is a permitted calculator.
Common permitted calculators include:
- Scientific calculators
- TI-Nspire (non-CAS)
- TI-82, TI-83, TI-83 Plus, TI-84, and TI-86
Common calculators NOT permitted include:
- TI-Nspire (CAS)
- All model numbers that begin with TI-89 or TI-92
- HP Prime
- HP 48GII
- All model numbers that begin with HP 40G, HP 49G, or HP 50G
- Calculators built into cell phones or any other electronic device
- All model numbers that begin with CFX-9970G
- Algebra fx 2.0
- ClassPad300 or ClassPad330
For more calculator information, visit www.act.org.
Blaine High School
12555 University Ave. NE
Blaine, MN 55434