CEMS Lottery Application reopens on January 10, 2022 - Apply HERE
Interested in learning more about the CEMS program? Click on the program information below to learn more.
The Center for Engineering, Mathematics, and Science is a PLTW Distinguished School
The Center for Engineering, Mathematics and Science (CEMS) is a specialty/magnet program at Blaine High School. It offers students an opportunity to explore engineering and provides them a strong foundation in math and science. CEMS is part of the Northwest Suburban Integration School District and, thus, is an option for students in seven school districts in the northwest metro area.
Skills Students Need for Successful Participation in CEMS:
- Academic skills that are at or above grade level
- Ability to work cooperatively with a group of students
- Exceptional work habits
- Good organization system
- Good time management skills
- Complete and turn in work on time
- Seek extra help when needed
- Strong interest in Math/Science
- Basic computer skills
If you have questions please contact the CEMS coordinator, Jenny Birkmeier, at 763-506-6641 or firstname.lastname@example.org