ALL INDIAN EDUCATION EVENTS ARE CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICEIf you are interested in volunteering, please contact your cluster advisor for more information.
Upcoming Culture Classes
ALL CULTURE CLASSES ARE CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICEIndian Education events throughout the year
Trimester celebrationsTwice a year, Indian Education hosts two community potlucks to celebrate and honor students' achievements after Trimester One and Trimester Two.We believe in recognizing students both for their academic achievements as well as community achievements. Awards given are:
- A Honor Roll: 3.6 GPA (weighted)
- B Honor Roll: 2.6-3.5 GPA (weighted)
- Exemplary Attendance: 97% attendance (about less than 1.5 days missed).
- Outstanding Attendance: 95% (about less than 3 days missed)
- Above and Beyond: The purpose of this award is to recognize students who exceed expectations and take on leadership roles during groups with their advisors.
- Community Advocate: The purpose of this award is to recognize students who have volunteered in their communities during the trimester. Submit a nomination here.
Indian Education provides the main dish for the meal, paper products, juice and coffee. We hope to see you there, don’t forget a dish to share!
- Cultural Leadership: The purpose of this award is to recognize students who have shown cultural leadership through their participation in cultural activities during the trimester. Examples include participation in: powwows (dancing, drumming, contests), ceremony, language tables, etc. Submit a nomination here.
Annual Indian Education Kickoff Potluck PicnicEach September the Indian Education Program plans a potluck picnic to kick off the school year! This is one of our biggest events of the year. It is a great place to meet new friends in the community and renew old friendships that have been lost during the busy summer months! Our drum group is always present, the program plans a hand full of activities, and of course there is always the park to keep you and your family entertained.This is a potluck event, Indian Education provides the main dish for the meal, paper products, juice, and water. Please bring a dish to share if you are able.
End of year picnic
Each June, the Indian Education Program plans a potluck picnic to close out the school year. During this picnic we celebrate our students who are transitioning from elementary to middle school, middle to high school, and high school graduates.
This is a potluck event, Indian Education provides the main dish for the meal, paper products, juice, and water. Please bring a dish to share if you are able.
Winter Event & College/Career Fair
Each year Indian Education hosts a family culture day knows as a Winter Event. This is a day of fun and engagening cultural activities and presentations that is also paired with a college/career fair. Past winter events have included: storytellers, leather pouch making, star lab, small community powwow, MN Zoo Mobile, hoop dance performers and classes, Drum history, Ojibwe and Dakota language games/activities, traditional lacrosse, and much more!
Parent committee meetingsParent committee meetings are open to the public. They are on the second Monday of the month (unless there is a holiday/school closing) at Coon Rapids Middle School from 6:30-8 p.m. Check our calendar of events for up to date information.