The Center for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math at Anoka High School is designed for students who want to develop critical skills needed in the 21st century. STEAM encourages a collaborative approach to learning that embraces technology, encourages unique solutions, welcomes creative and inventive thinking as well as problem solving to prepare for careers in computer science, the arts and engineering.
- Students in grades nine and 10 in the Anoka High School attendance area.
- Anoka Hennepin School District students who have been accepted at Anoka High School through In-District Transfer (students must provide their own transportation if not in the Anoka High School attendance area).
- Students from outside of the district that are accepted at Anoka High school through open enrollment (students must provided their own transportation to Anoka High School).
Learn more information on in-district and out-of-district open enrollment.
- Develop and apply technology and computer science skills in the arts, sciences, math and engineering.
- Develop and refine design skills to create product prototypes.
- Senior STEAM participants will participate in an internship, mentorship or senior experience based on their career pathway focus.
- Explore careers related to technology, arts, math and engineering.
- Develop high level skills for post-secondary computer science and arts programs.
- Earn AP and articulated college credit in a variety of elective coursework.
- Earn levels of distinction for participation in STEAM and receive recognition at graduation.