High school talent development programAdvanced courses
Academic enrichment opportunities
- Advanced (honors) courses designed by our district.
- Advanced Placement (AP) courses taught by our teachers trained in AP.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) courses taught by our teachers trained in IB.
- Center for Engineering, Mathematics and Science (CEMS), which includes some Project Lead the Way (PLTW) courses at Blaine High School taught by our teachers trained in PLTW.
- Biomedical program, which includes some Project Lead the Way courses at Coon Rapids High School taught by our teachers trained in PLTW.
- Post Secondary Enrollment Option (PSEO) are college courses taught by college faculty on local college or university campuses.
Each of our high schools provide a wide variety of course offerings and programs to meet the needs of our academically talented students and those with very strong interests in specific areas or in individual college and career planning. Students may select these more rigorous courses; however, some courses have prerequisite criterion. Also note that certain courses or programs may be offered only at one or some of our high schools. Contact a school counselor or see our high school registration guide for more information about these course and program offerings.
A variety of competitive teams, clubs and leadership/service opportunities are provided to meet the interests and needs of our students. For specifics about the offerings at each high school, see the activities link on each high school’s website.