Welcome to Chemistry!
Chemistry I is a 2 trimester course split into Chemistry IA and IB. Students in Chemistry IA will investigate the composition of matter and the changes it undergoes. Students will use scientific investigations to study atomic theory, periodic table, bonding, nomenclature, and organic chemistry.
Grades will be based on a weighted scale. The following scale will be used:
- Tests: 80%
- Labs: 10%
- Final Exam: 10%
- Three ring binder
- On my google classroom website there will be access to some assignments and notes and labs.
- It is expected that all assignments, labs, and homework are completed in preparation for unit tests.
- Retests will be available for specific learning targets. A remediation assignment must be completed before retest.
- Retest must be done within two weeks of the original test.
- Please come in for help if you need it. In the fall I am available before school and during advisement.