Mr. Grider email@example.com
You Tube Channel - griderteched
CTE Course Syllabus
Course Name: Design & Fabrication I
Program of Study: Manufacturing Technology Occupations
Subcategory: Manufacturing Technology Occupations
Anoka-Hennepin Number: 76100 Design & Fabrication I
State Prog. Code: 171710 - Course Code: 01
Number Days: 58 Approx. Hrs.: 65 - Term: 1 Tri
Number of Credits: .5
Brief Description: Elective open to grades 9, 10, 11, and 12. This class is designed to provide theory and practice in the use of CAD (Computer Added Design), CAM (Computer Added Manufacturing) and CNC (). Students will use programs such as SolidWorks, MasterCAM and varies other machining programs. Students will create projects using CNC mills, lasers and 3D printers. They will have several opportunities for students to show off their creativity.
Course Outcomes: The following topics will be addressed:
- Understand and demonstrate proper safety procedures in the area of dress, vision hazards, behavior, accident procedures, computer ergonomics and digital security as it pertains to the manufacturing program.
- Coursework will focus on the basics of CAD, CAM and manufacturing
- Introduction to SolidWorks and MasterCAM.
- Projects are be created using CNC mills, lasers and 3D printers.
- Topics covered will also include:
- Design processes
- CAD (Computer Added Design)
- Part creation
- Drawing creation
- CAM (Computer Added Manufacturing)
Methods: This course will include required reading that relates to the instructional units listed, lectures, discussions, demonstrations, and self-paced work. Although this is a hands-on, computer-based course, it will be necessary for students to become familiar with new terms, concepts and processes before practicing new skills. All lectures and demonstrations are followed by activities that allow students to more fully understand the presented material.
Evaluation: The grade for this course will be based on the following:
- A – 100% - 90%
- B – 89% - 80%
- C – 79% - 70%
- D – 69% - 60%
- F – 59% or below
- Projects/Participation (approx. 70%)
- Quizzes, Tests (approx. 10%)
- Classroom Assignments (approx. 20%)
Students will be given every opportunity to demonstrate their learning on any learning on any learning target. Reassessment is contingent on the following:
- Student reflection on what LT were not met and identify misunderstandings.
- Students need to advance their understanding prior to each attempt to demonstrate learning. The teacher will provide students with targeted instruction that students will have to work on in-between each reassessment.
- Teacher and student work together to formulate an adequate timeline for relearning and reassessment.
The reassessments can be in different formats depending on the student and the LT being assessed. The teacher will use either the most recent evidence or the most frequent (whichever is more applicable).
Resources: The following resources are needed daily for this course:
- Pen or Pencil
- Thumb Drive for computer classes
- A digital camera and USB cable (school cameras/accessories may be checked out for 2 days at a time)
- Appropriate clothing for work in class – See instructor for complete list of appropriate clothing as different classes have different requirements.
Attend. & Conduct: Attendance and class participation are critical to the student's success in understanding and gaining familiarity with CTE concepts. Work ethic and conduct are strongly emphasized. Please notify the instructor if you will be missing any classes. Students are expected to submit their own work for this course. Academic dishonesty will NOT be tolerated. This includes copying the work of other students during examinations; unauthorized collaboration on homework and project assignments; unauthorized use of the internet to obtain homework and/or test answers; representing work done by others as your own.
College Credit or Professional Certification:
# Coll Cr (if any): School(s) Accepting Credit: Hennepin Technical College
# Hrs Toward Prof. Cert. (if any): 0 Qualification Method: Course completion w/specified grade