___________PAINTING II ___________
* Painting II is designed for 9-12 grade students who have completed Painting I.
* DESIGN: We will learn how to use the Elements of Art and Principles of Design while creating interesting and successful compositions.
* COLOR THEORY: We will learn about a variety of color schemes and experiment how to use them in our paintings. This further study in color will help to make our paintings more expressive!
* MIXED MEDIA PAINTING: We will be exploring, experimenting and practicing a wide variety of ways to create different effects in our painting with different materials.
* ACRYLIC PAINTINGS: You will design and create a minimum of 3 paintings, with at least 1 on a canvas that you have stretched and prepared yourself! (Watercolor painting can be an option for paintings 2 and/or 3.)
1. Self portrait painting using foreshortening and subject matter that describes something about you. You will choose a color scheme of your choice for that painting. We will also be able to incorporate some photoshop techniques in the designing of this painting.
2. We will also be designing and creating a painting using 2 or more images that has something unexpected happening in it. You will be also using an artist’s style that is different than what you normally use in at least one area of the painting.
3. The last painting will have a variety of options available, but must have some sort of personal message being expressed..
* PAINTING STYLES: We will learn, recognize, and understand different styles of painting such as realism, impressionism, abstract, surrealism, etc. We will also be learning about contemporary artist that are creating, exhibiting, and selling their own unique artwork TODAY!
1. The development of creative and critical thinkers. Every human being needs to have a creative outlet!
2. A working understanding of the visual language.
3. An awareness of art as a multi-cultural experience.
4. Further development of craft media and techniques.
1. Start on time, and make good use of your class time.
2. Everyone joins in, and everyone participates. Share your ideas!
3. One speaker at a time, and also be a good listener.
4. Treat others the way you wish to be treated.
5. HAVE FUN!EVALUATION:
Each assignment will be graded on the following:
1. Design / Composition: Does your artwork show an understanding of composition with the use of visual
movement, center of interest, and other qualities of design?
2. Craftsmanship / Presentation: Does your artwork show a high level of technical excellence and attention
3. Expressive Qualities: Every assignment will provide an opportunity to make your artistic creation unique
to YOU! Does your artwork express a mood, energy, or feelings in a unique and engaging way?
4. Effort: Your grade will reflect your effort, attitude, and use of class time.
A: Superior work, concepts mastered, uses class time to the fullest, takes risks & attempts difficult challenges.
B: Above average work, understands concepts fully, uses class time well.
C: Average work, understands concepts, does not waste class time. Completes only minimum requirements.
D: Below average work, does not understand concepts, wastes class time, does not complete minimum requirements. Poor attendance.F: Fails to finish projects or doesn’t turn in projects. Little effort & has several absences.
1. Most of the materials needed for your projects will be provided, but if you choose to further enhance your artwork with additional items, you may do that at your own expense.
2. Please do not remove any materials from the art room without permission. You are to sign them out!
ABSENCES: In case of absences, students are expected to make up missed work by spending extra time on their projects at home or after school. Students are responsible for seeing me for information and activities missed.
Mrs. Diane Gronewold
Anoka High School
Office Phone: 763-506-6447
Are there specific concerns or things I need to know about your student? Please email me ASAP!