Computer Art I Syllabus
- · Learn how to effectively use computer technology in the creation of artwork
- · Understand how the tools of various software programs can be used to create and communicate meaning
- · Develop a personal voice in the creation of artwork
- · Elements of Art and Principles of Design Project
- · Fine Arts Primer
- · Adobe Photoshop Manipulated Effects Project
- · Manipulated Self Portrait Project
- · Logo Design Project
- · Poster Design Project
- · Career Project
- · Other Projects depending on availability of time
All projects have equal weight. A portfolio (Summative) Grade will be based on an average of the best 4 project grades received during the course of the term.
- · Students are to only use the computer assigned to them.
- · There is to be no computer game playing in class at any time. All computer use is to be course specific.
- · Careful treatment of the computers and all other equipment is expected
- · No foods or drink is allowed.
- · Screensaver images are not to be changed.
- · Any external devices that are student owned are to be checked out with the instructor before using on the computer
- · All files created are to be saved to the students’ files and not to the desktop
- · Students will save all finished projects as separate PowerPoints which will be put in designated Drop Folders.
- · Students are expected to keep finished projects for burning onto a CD (supplied) at the end of the course. All additional files created in the making of a project are to be deleted prior to moving on to the next project.